Projects of interest–
Neighbors who live along and near the Glencoe Swale/Creek are encouraged to be aware of and/or involved with projects planned in our community that could impact our watershed.
Topics of discussion at the following meetings and open-houses update or introduce long-range plans and projects that are currently underway.
Please note dates on your calendar for events that are of interest to you:
- Public Hearing- Significant Natural Resource Permit & Conditional Use/Development Review | Hillsboro School District- Glencoe H.S.
- Hillsboro Planning Commission- Shirley Huffman Auditorium at Civic Center, 150 E Main Street, Hillsboro
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 – 6:00 p.m.
- City of Hillsboro Planning Department sent notices to nearby property owners February 4, 2019
- City of Hillsboro Planning Department Contacts:
- Sarah Bruce- 503 681 6214
- Rachel Marble- 503 681 6155
- Glencoe Creek Restoration Project Open House- Learn about changes coming to our neighborhood swale/creek.
- Jackson School House Meeting Hall- 450 NE Harewood Street, Hillsboro
- Saturday, March 2, 2019 – 10am to 12pm
- Formal presentation at 10:15 am
- Information sent to community members along watershed February 12, 2019
- Contact person: Briita Pajunas, Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District – 503 334 2288
- Port of Portland Hillsboro Airport Open House: Public Information Meeting Hillsboro Airport Environmental Assessment
- The Port of Portland is working with the Federal Aviation Administration to make the runway safety area at the northern end of Hillsboro Airport’s main runway (13R) comply with current airfield design standards. A runway safety area is a required designated area that provides extra space at the end of a runway in the event of an unexpected emergency during takeoff or landing. Drop in during the upcoming public open house to learn about the proposed changes to the runway and the runway safety area.
- Hillsboro Brookwood Public Library; 2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy, Hillsboro
- March 14, 2019 – 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Contact person: Jayson Shanafelt, Community Affairs Outreach Manager- 503 415 6853